The Internet has become a large part of our lives. In this era, there is nothing that is not connected to the internet and in order to stay online and updated with the world, a reliable internet connection is necessary. In prior times, when the internet was just starting off as a service, people used to take help of telephones to connect themselves to the internet using a dial-up modem. Then later come the DSL connection which allowed the internet users to gain some pace in their connectivity.
But today, the internet as we know has changed a lot and every device that connects to the internet uses a secure wi-fi connection. Some devices already come with built-in wi-fi devices, however some require the users to install and enter wi-fi adapter driver in order to enjoy unlimited connectivity and internet. Mostly, these wi-fi adapters are required to be installed on desktop computers. If you are also using one, and want to know how to enter wi-fi adapter driver for Windows 7, then read along to know the steps.
What is Wi-Fi Adapter?
Wi-Fi adapters, also known as wireless adapters is a small hardware device that is generally attached to a computer or other workstation device. it allows the computer to connect to a wireless system and network.
Not long before the addition of built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, many devices required the use of wireless adapters to connect to a network and use the internet with ease. Wi-fi adapters are often seen as a USB stick, which is plugged into a USB port of a computer.
USB has become a universal standard for all sorts of detachable accessory devices and hardware that plug into a computer or workstation device. Wi-fi adapters may also come in the form of PCI network cards that plug into a PCI slot on the computer motherboard. They are not generally plugged into the Ethernet port. However, an Ethernet port and cable can connect a computer directly to a router.
Many of the new generation of portable and mobile devices with built-in wi-fi has made wireless adapters somewhat obsolete. Most of these modern devices use wireless connectivity that can be enabled or disabled according to need.
Technical Setup Adapter
- Software Full Name: Enter Wi-Fi Adapter Driver
- Setup File Name: EnterWiFiAdapter300MBPS.exe
- Full Setup Size: 17.8 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32-Bit (x86) / 64-Bit (x64)
- License: Freeware
Specification of Wi-Fi Adapter
Although a Wi-fi adapter can be of various different manufacturers, but most of them follow a standard design that is easily connected and suitable for all types of computers and workstation devices.
- Standard Wi-fi Adapter: IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, CSMA/CA with ACK.
- This small device allows you to connect a desktop or notebook computer using a wireless network and gain access to high-speed internet connection.
- Support System: Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7/ Mac/ Linux 300 Mbps portable mini wireless USB adapter allows you to connect a PC to a wireless network.
- ideal for internet surfing and on-line gaming.
- Works with IEEE 802.11n (Draft 2.0), IEEE 802.11b standards.
- Mini USB wireless network adapter of 300 MBs with Chipset Realtek RTL8188EUS Standard
To enter Wi-fi adapter driver for Windows 7 or other Windows’ version, there are some system requirements that need to be fulfilled before you can proceed with the installation.
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 500 GB
- Processor: Intel Pentium or above
How to Enter Wi-Fi Adapter Driver?
To install and enter wi-fi adapter driver, the user must follow some basic steps which will help them to easily connect the device with their desktop computer or workstation device.
- Turn on your computer and make sure everything is working perfectly.
- Using an Ethernet cable, plug your computer directly to your router using the Ethernet port. Make sure the Internet is accessible and turned on.
- Now place your new wi-fi adapter in the proper USB slot or port.
- After you have placed the wi-fi adapter in place, a bubble message will appear in the notifications in the task bar stating that the attached device was not successfully installed.
- Left click on the message and open the options.
- On the driver installation failure dialogue box, you can change the setting to use Windows Update by clicking the Change setting button.
- Choose to allow Windows to automatically detect and update your wi-fi adapter driver when it is not found on the computer.
- Once the Windows has completed to enter wi-fi adapter driver and installs it successfully, close the window.
- Click on the Network Icon located on the system tray to view all the Available Wireless Networks.
- Find your personal Network and select by double clicking to connect.
- You will be requested to provide a wireless key, which by now should have been set up.
- Now your device is connected to the internet via wireless or wi-fi adapter.
Install and Enter Wi-Fi Adapter Driver for Windows 7 with Device Manager
While you can follow the steps mentioned above and enter wi-fi adapter driver on your computer, there is also another way that will help you install and enter wi-fi adapter driver for Windows 7.
- Open the Start menu and right-click on Computer to select Manage.
- Now select the Device Manager to bring it up on the right.
- Right click on the bubble of unknown adapter to Update Driver Software.
- Select to Search automatically for updated driver software versions.
- Make sure the proper settings are selected by followings the mentioned routes for different versions of Windows:
- Windows 7/Vista: Click on Start > Right click Computer > Properties > Advanced system settings > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings
- Windows XP: Clink on Start > Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Windows Update
- The setup is now complete. Click on Save Settings or OK to apply the changes made.
- Now that you have enter wi-fi adapter driver, you can enjoy endless connectivity and fast internet speed using the wireless adapter.
Read more interesting articles at luckopinion